I enjoy my work; I’m self-employed so my time can be flexible, and while it’s not exciting it’s challenging and variable enough to be interesting.
I do my best not to snark when things don’t go my way, cos I’m mindful that so many ppl don’t have work, or have work that they relentlessly grumble about (with OR without good reason! 😉 ).
My work is totally non-artsy, and as such gives me a good ‘feet on the floor’ contrast to my creativity. Yin and Yang. It works.
Over the last few months I’ve spent more and more of my non-work time here in the world of WordPress. Daily I encounter more inspiration, ideas, shared thoughts and wishes, and overwhelming generosity of spirit than I ever would have imagined.
Out of world full of ppl, I must say you guys are really quite special.
Big love to you all! 😀 X
A very big (and belated) thank you to WeelilWimsy for awarding me the Liebster Blog Award. Wow!
With this award originating in Germany, the Liebster Blog Award recognizes fresh bloggers with less than 200 followers. By accepting the award, it would be nice for the blogger to:
1. Acknowledge the person that gave the award and link back to their blog.
2, Copy and paste the award to your own site.
3. Share 5 of your choice blogs to award and let them know by commenting on their blog.
How cool is that!
Now, the reason it’s taken me so many days to reciprocate is partly cos I had no idea how to tell how many followers you folks have… But then I don’t really do rules unless common sense kicks in and give me good reason to. So I made up my own criteria: these guys have all generously donated some of their time to visit me here and encourage me along my bloggy path. If you like my stuff I just know you’ll love theirs too!
Here (and why) are my nominated five faves:
- John Clinock’s Art rat Cafe a place to see an excellent and eclectic mix of visual art combined with inspiring and encouraging words
- Wai-Yuk Kennedy Textile Art here’s where to go to see some exquisitely crafted textile creations, inspirational photos, and much more!
- gonerustic – artworks by rita summers
another mouth-watering selection of beautifully handcrafted textile art.
- From the Boudoir – Textile Surprises From The Bedroom Not just wonderful ideas manipulated into incredible creations, but presented by one of my favest double acts: Jule and Dave.
fellow color-junkie, creator of delicious fabrics and threads, and queen of more than one blog, so you may know Myfanwy by another of her names!
- Spaark ~ Artistically Afflicted another kindred spirit who juggles life and art. And then more art. Because we have to!
- Fi’s corner Magnificent Mix of mixed media. Mmmmm!
Of course the most observant amongst you will spot I picked 7 ‘fave five’ blogs. Well, if rules are worth breaking, they’re worth breaking properly, right? 😉
Embarking on a project like a page a day, without an aim in sight, more a stretch of the journey traveled in a new fashion, has to be done without expectations.
I’ve doodled and made art since before I can remember. Habitually, obsessively, because I love the process, and because (probably like all artists) I have to.
This is a different approach: One book that daily documents my trials and tribulations of the moment in color and shape, tone and imagination. Day in, day out. And then spilling out the results out into the interweb.
Having pondered if the pages might soon look samey, I’m starting to realise the range and variety of imagery that can be created.
By observing small slices of each page on screen, perspective changes. Fresh ideas emerge.
The inspiration from something touched upon days prior can be reignited afresh when a blank page beckons.
And an unexpected bonus is to be blessed by the delightful and encouraging words from folks who join along the way, Big thank you! 😀