Just thinking to myself, as I click through your wonderous creations and thoughts, how much you enrich my days.
I might not say it often, but I love you guys! X
One Lovely Blogger
Big thank you to lovely blogger Not just a Mummy for the nomination. Here’s the deal:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Paste the award image on your blog
- Tell 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other blogs that you would like to give the award to
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen and let them know about the award
- I’m fascinated by science, metaphysics and spirituality; I beleive in the power of positive thinking
- I passed my driving test first time, aged 29.
- I’m an avid recycler/upcycler. I will eke every last bit of use and goodness out of pretty much anything. I actually shudder a little at the word ‘disposable’
- I have an 18 yr old cat named ‘The Woozle’. She’s creaky and grumbles a LOT, but I love her all the same
- I’m hoping to go back to school in september to begin a degree in fine art
- Almost all my socks are stripey. There’s something about stripey socks makes me happy.
- Curiouser and curiouser, Alice in Wonderland is my fictional alter ego. (Well, one of them)
Srsly? I’d love to, but I’m still a bit new here and haven’t met as many blogs as I’d like. 15? Holy Shmoly! Gonna skip this part for a while, but as I find new blogs of great loveliness I promise I’ll let you know. Deal? Cool! 🙂
3 BIG thank yous
Thank you #1 goes to Phillipa aka Seascapesaus for nominating me for the Awesome Blog Content Award
Thank you also to Not Just A Mummy for the One Lovely Blog Award
And finally to Obscured Dreamer for the Illuminating Blogger Award
Guys, what can I say? I’m overwhelmed! When I began my foray into bloggery just a few months ago I could never have guessed at how much support and appreciation I’d find along the way. You guys are the best.
Sincere thanks. And cake! Have wonderful weekends, I’ll be posting more on the above over the weekend 😀
Liebster Blog Award
A very big (and belated) thank you to WeelilWimsy for awarding me the Liebster Blog Award. Wow!
With this award originating in Germany, the Liebster Blog Award recognizes fresh bloggers with less than 200 followers. By accepting the award, it would be nice for the blogger to:
1. Acknowledge the person that gave the award and link back to their blog.
2, Copy and paste the award to your own site.
3. Share 5 of your choice blogs to award and let them know by commenting on their blog.
How cool is that!
Now, the reason it’s taken me so many days to reciprocate is partly cos I had no idea how to tell how many followers you folks have… But then I don’t really do rules unless common sense kicks in and give me good reason to. So I made up my own criteria: these guys have all generously donated some of their time to visit me here and encourage me along my bloggy path. If you like my stuff I just know you’ll love theirs too!
Here (and why) are my nominated five faves:
- John Clinock’s Art rat Cafe a place to see an excellent and eclectic mix of visual art combined with inspiring and encouraging words
- Wai-Yuk Kennedy Textile Art here’s where to go to see some exquisitely crafted textile creations, inspirational photos, and much more!
- gonerustic – artworks by rita summers
another mouth-watering selection of beautifully handcrafted textile art.
- From the Boudoir – Textile Surprises From The Bedroom Not just wonderful ideas manipulated into incredible creations, but presented by one of my favest double acts: Jule and Dave.
fellow color-junkie, creator of delicious fabrics and threads, and queen of more than one blog, so you may know Myfanwy by another of her names!
- Spaark ~ Artistically Afflicted another kindred spirit who juggles life and art. And then more art. Because we have to!
- Fi’s corner Magnificent Mix of mixed media. Mmmmm!
Of course the most observant amongst you will spot I picked 7 ‘fave five’ blogs. Well, if rules are worth breaking, they’re worth breaking properly, right? 😉