I’m working on a new project.
It’s SO Much Fun!
It really crept up on me, without realizing I’d run the full gamut of the
5 stages of taking on a new and seemingly unlikely creative obsession
- What the…? Why would someone do that? That makes no sense to me…
- I’m not one to judge, but I can’t see any good coming from that. It’s maybe a way of using up time and craft supplies…maybe creating another stage in the life-cycle of a thing in between ‘no longer fit for original purpose‘ and ‘recycling/landfill fodder’, but…
- IDK, I can’t help wanting to know more. If I watch enough of the limitless number of YouTube tutorials, blogposts, etc etc I’ll figure out why folks do it. Yeh. That’s what I’ll do: solve that mystery and just move on.
- Y’know what tho, that does look like fun. Fun is the primary reason I do a lot of what I do….
- I have to do that now!! Let me play!!
(I’ll show you a bit later.)
7 thoughts on “5 Stages of Creative Obsession”
LOL Love it! That is Exactly what I do, when a new obsession smacks me in the face. I’m in the throes of Gelli Plate monoprinting, but lurking in the (very near) background is the spectre of customising Monster High dolls. I’ve no idea how to get started, or whether I’ll be any good at it…but already, in the name of “research” (she says with a wry smile), I’ve amassed a small army of pre-loved Monster High dolls, waiting to be customised. Oh dear, I hope it won’t be a total disaster! But hey, gotta scratch that itch, right? 😉
totally have – get scratchin!! Who cares how it turns out, you just know it’s gonna be SOMUCHFUN!!!
I had to just google monster high dolls. Now how can that not be fun?!?! Go do now!!! lol
Intriguing – I can’t wait to see what it is now!
oh yes this is precisely what i also do when faced with something i itch to do. i cant sleep, cant think straight, everything has to be in “pause” mode so i could somehow scratch that creative itch. have fun and yes, go play and play some more!
LikeLiked by 1 person